On the Path of Awakening


I have been on a spiritual path since I was twenty-two.always thought that enlightenment was something that would just happen one day and all of a sudden my life would change. Sort of like a magic wand that you could wave and change whatever you did not like about your life and miraculously I would be happy all the time. It used to be thought that when a person ‘woke up’ he/she would have a sudden awakening of some sort...a kundalini awakening or the mind would suddenly just stop and silence would be all that was felt. This is not the case for those of us who have been the spiritual seekers of my generation, the late Baby Boomers. 


Today Self Realization is for the masses. It involves a consistent day-to-day, moment-to-moment remembrance of who you, me, we are.Then one moment becomes the next and the next until we notice that we are in the silence and it is in us. We are here to evolve into Homo Spiritus and to become Homo Universalis, which is to live as spiritual beings in a human form, fully present and feeling our connection to source and to each other. That means awakening in each moment to our divinity and meeting each situation from that space, that God consciousness. Our commitment to that is what carries us through the really difficult times that may arise in our lives.

Self Realization is the process of realizing that you, me, we are the image and likeness of God or whatever you wish to call that divine intelligence in our human form and living as that being regardless of our circumstances.

My spiritual journey has been long and sometimes arduous but I have always been steadfast and determined to be one of those people who live life as her divine presence and I Am self. I have always sought the Truth even when I did not wish to hear it. I have always been the type of person who put her spiritual self-development first, and that included facing some hard realities about myself. I was told a very long time ago that being on a spiritual path is not really hard but it is extremely challenging and requires dedication and a greater desire for freedom more than for anything else.




After years of meditation, activation's from various people, clearing's, healing's and sitting with other awakened beings I am finally experiencing what it means to be truly present in each moment and the beginning of unification with everything and it is nothing like I thought it would be.

Recently I have been experiencing the emptiness of self that dwells within more and more. That peace that passes all understanding emerges stronger and strong when you begin                                                           to focus on it.

That is your commitment...to remember who you are no matter what shows up. Even if you forget for awhile, you get back on track and tune into that undeniable fact that you are living God/Goddess being and this is your time to show up as that. Now it is more crucial than ever for those of us who are aware of the Truth of who we are to begin to live it more fully and completely. I know from experience that the more you get your egoic fixated self out of the way, and this again can be a process over time called dissolution of the ego, the easier it becomes to know your true nature and to sustain your awareness of the emptiness of being.

Adyshanti once said that most people desire to feel unified with others but feared being nothing or empty. For me the emptiness that is me is pure freedom...freedom from judgment, reactivity, desire, need or from being run by my emotions or my story. When you are truly free of the illusion of ego or false self, you are free to live in each moment, present and aware, following your spirit and trusting the universe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Challenge of Self-Mastery

The New Feminine Rising

Are You Ready to Shift Your Reality?